Every year at Easter time, my family and I always get together and have a big dinner and the kids hide and find eggs. And every year, I always try to come up with a fun dessert for everyone. This year, I absolutely wanted to make a carrot cake. But to make it more interesting, I decided to turn the carrot cake into cupcakes that actually looked like carrots, somewhat! lol. I like to call them Carrot (Cake) Cupcakes. Enjoy! I only needed 4 ingredients for this easy recipe. Carrot Cake box cake mix, cream cheese icing, orange food coloring or carrot juice, and Green Apple Pull n’ Peel Twizzlers. For the actual cake part of the cupcakes, you can use your own carrot cake recipe or just use carrot cake mix from a box, like I did to make this an easy recipe. So, first, just make the cake part of the cupcakes. After the cupcakes have baked and cooled, then you will ice them. To make this recipe as easy as possible, I bought some cream cheese icing from the store. To make the icing orange in color, simply add a few drops of orange food OR a few teaspoons of carrot juice. They will both make your icing orange in color. The last step is to simply cut some Green Apple Pull n’ Peel Twizzlers into smaller sections. Then pull them tops of them down just a little bit to give the appearance of a stem on a carrot. The cupcakes are super yummy but I think they are also super cute. They are also pretty easy to make. Adults will love the flavors, and kids will think they are fun and cute. I will be making them for our Easter get-together this year and I am so looking forward to it. My family loves Carrot Cake Cupcakes!
- Carrot Cake box mix
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Orange food coloring OR carrot juice
- Green Apple Pull n' Peel Twizzlers
- Make the cupcakes according to the directions on the box cake mix. Let them cool before icing them.
- Add a few drops of food coloring OR carrot juice to your cream cheese icing until you get the desired orange color that you want.
- Cut your green twizzlers into 2 inch section and pull and peel about an inch of them to get the desired 'stem' look. Poke them into your cupcakes.
- Pipe icing around the stems. That's it!
For more fun Easter/Spring ideas, visit 17 of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Easter Craft: Washcloth Bunny by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy DIY Garden Markers by A Mom’s Take
- Bunny Cupcakes by This Mama Loves
- Simple Spring Wreath by Simply Southern Mom
- Ultimate Easter Egg Dye Guide by The Guavalicious Life
- DIY Homemade Bird Feeder by My So Called Balanced Life
- Edible Easter Placemats by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- DIY Colorful Spring Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- Monogrammed Earrings by How Was Your Day
- Nest Necklace by Style on Maine
- Fun and Healthy Easter Recipe for Kids: Crepe Cookies by Our Family World
- Make an Easy Painted Eggs Easter Craft with Dollar Store Supplies by My Kids Guide
- Spring Tea Party with Lemon and Ginger Scones by Day by Day in Our World
- Spring Button Canvas by Better in Bulk
- Carrot Cake Cookie Cups by About a Mom
- Spring Tulle Wreath by Upstate Ramblings
- Easy DIY Spring Tote Bag for Girls by Philzendia
Latest posts by Mom Does It All (see all)
- 9 Must-have Items for a Summer Trip - August 23, 2016
- Get back to school with Boise Paper! Plus a Giveaway! - August 19, 2016
- 5 Outdoor Lights that will Transform Your Mobile Home Walkway - August 11, 2016