Summer is almost here! We’ve already got the pool open for the year, the grill fired up and the cornhole games set up in the yard. I am ready for a fun-filled, sun-filled adventurous summer! Aren’t you? Every year in the summer and the spring, we grill out at least twice a week, depending on the weather. Sometimes it can be as many as 4 or 5 times a week. I love experimenting with lots of different recipes on the grill. Today, I am going to share with you my husband’s favorite recipe of mine that we cook on the grill. Besically I just started adding a bunch of stuff in a bowl with hamburger and he was like ”oh this is delicious!”. Haha! So now he asks me to make these burgers all the time. We add a whole lot of spices and a whole lot of toppings, but you can make them anyway that you want! This Cheese-Stuffed Grilled Ranch Bacon Burger is delicious!
First, I always start with about a pound or a pound and a half of lean ground beef. I put it in a mixing bowl and start adding things on top of it, before mixing it together with my hands. I start by adding my spices. I add a tablespoon of Gourmet Burger Seasoning or any burger seasoning you might have. Then a couple teaspoons of salt and black pepper. A couple of teaspoons of garlic powder and onion salt, as well. Then I add in a few squirts of ketchup and few small splashes of Worcestershire Sauce.
Next I add a few tablespoons of Ranch dressing to the mix. Now I must warn you, never add more than this. It will make your burgers fall apart while you are cooking them on the grill. And that is never fun. Next, I mix all of these ingredients together by hand and then make them into 4 patties. You want to have large patties if you are going to stuff them with cheese! Then I take some cheese (I prefer mozzarella) and cut it into about half inch-sized cubes. I use about 3 of these per burger. Then I just make a little indent in the patties with my thumb and put the cheese in there and then try my best to cover them up and make the patties back into shape.
Then I fire up the grill on low ( I like to slow cook them), and cook them for about 20 to 30 minutes or until your desired doneness. Some people like them well done, some do not. I do! And also be careful of the cheese, it will drip while you cook them!
Next, the toppings! While the burgers are cooking, I fry up some bacon and some large Portobello mushroom slices! I also get the lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard and/or steak sauce ready to go. Also, for this large of a burger, you want to have a good size sturdy bun like a pretzel bun or something similar. Then you top it with whatever you like! And you are all set. Those black parts on the burger are not burnt spots! They are the portobello mushrooms! Here is the recipe that you can print out! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon burger seasoning
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- pretzel buns or similar
- 12 small cubes of mozzarella cheese
- FOR TOPPINGS
- ranch dressing
- portobello mushroom slices
- steak sauce
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients to the hamburger except for the mozzarella cheese and your buns and toppings.
- Mix the hamburger mixture together with your hands.
- Divide into 4 patties.
- Make an indent in the middle of all 4 patties and add 3 or four small cubes of mozzarella cheese and use your hands to cover the cheese and reform your patties.
- Cook on the grill on low for 20 minutes or so or until they are done to your liking.
- While they are cooking make some bacon and fry up some portobello mushroom slices.
- Once they are finished, top with lettuce, ranch dressing, ketchup, tomato, bacon, or whatever toppings you may like.
- These burgers are thick and have lots of toppings so you may want to use a sturdy bun like a pretzel bun or something similar.
For more fun creative summer ideas, check out a few of my favorite blogs.
- Iced Rhubarb Tea from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Spinach Smoothies from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Solar Lamp from Simply Southern Mom
- Strawberry Pops from Mom on the Side
- Frozen Hot Chocolate from Home and Garden Cafe
- DIY Natural Wood Planter for Father’s Day from Our Family World
- Mason Jar Dirt Pudding by Better in Bulk
- Patriotic Whoopie Pies by How Was Your Day?
- Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make a Fairy Garden by Momma D Jane
- Make Your Own Summer Scent by Style on Main
- No Churn Caramel Ice Cream by My So Called Balanced Life
- Grilled Loaded Fries & Fresh Strawberry Lemonade perfect Summer snack idea by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- Picnic Perfect Patriotic Berry Trifle by About a Mom
- Easy Potato Salad by Upstate Ramblings
- DIY Flip Flops by This Mama Loves
- Build a Dinotastic Terrarium by The Guavalicious Life
Latest posts by Mom Does It All (see all)
- Useful Tips on Converting MOV Videos to MP4 with Movavi Video Converter. - January 6, 2017
- Tips for Managing a Master’s Degree and a Family - December 15, 2016
- Amazon Prime Photos has all new features! Plus an opportunity to win a $500 gift card provided by Amazon.com! - December 13, 2016