I almost hate to say it, but back-to-school time is almost upon us. It may have already started for some of you! I have a fun craft that you can make with the kids! Just be careful of the glue around little fingers, it could become a sticky mess! This DIY Pen Cup Holder Craft can be made for the home, or school or you can even make it for a teacher gift at the end of the year. It is super fun to make and super easy! And you only need about 5 items.
I make these DIY Pen Cup Holders two different ways. To make the first DIY Pen Cup Holder Craft, you will need the an old plastic cup. If you are anything like me, you have a dozen of these things stacked haphazardly in your cupboards leftover from kids meals at fast food places. You will also need some fun-colored duct tape or washi tape. And that is ALL you need for the first kind of DIY Pen Cup Holder! For my second DIY Pen Cup Holder, you will need another old plastic cup, some colorful yarn or thick string, and some regular Elmer’s Glue or something similar to it. And that is ALL! Not many items at all needed to make both of these!
To make the first DIY Pen Cup Holder, all you have to do – is take your duct tape or washi tape and just start covering the cup with it. Whether you want to attach strips up and down or across is up to you. Since my cups are not perfectly round, I had to go up and down. If your cup is perfectly round you can go across without much trouble. Make sure your strips are long enough to go all the way to the bottom. Just attach them until the entire cup is covered and you are done! SO EASY and SUPER FUN for the kids! Especially if you let them pick out the tape!
To make the second DIY Pen Cup Holder – start out by spreading some glue on the cup, either at the top or bottom. I prefer to start at the top. Then start wrapping your yarn around the cup.
You can push the yarn up if you are noticing any gaps. Then once you have the yarn covering all of your glue, add some more glue and continue adding more glue and wrapping more yarn until the cup is fully covered. If you are afraid that the yarn will unravel when you are finished, you can add a few drops of super glue to the start and finish of the yarn. Just be careful using the super glue with little fingers around! And that is all there is to it.
Two fun and useful DIY Pen Cup Holders! Easy to make and not many item needed! Why not enjoy a fun back-to-school craft with the kids before the summer is over!
1. Make sure the cups are clean. For the duct tape Pen Cup Holder, just simply start using strips of the same size of the duct tape to fully cover the cup. Go from top to bottom or side to side if your cup is completely round. Mine was not, so I went up and down, all around the cup until it was finished.
2. For the yarn-covered Pen Cup Holder, simply start by squirting a bit of glue on the cup, starting at the top, then start winding the yard around it. Keep repeating this process until the cup is fully covered. You may need to shove up on the yarn as you are doing it, to keep it tight. SO EASY for both of these!
Who would you make these fun DIY Pen Cup Holders for OR with?
For more back to school ideas, check out a few of my favorite blogs:
- Baked Eggs in Portobello Mushroom Caps from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Free Behavior Charts Printable from A Mom’s Take
- Teacher Survival Kit from My So Called Balanced Life
- DIY Schultute for back to school from Two Girls One Boy and a Crazy Mom
- DIY Homework Station from Home and Garden Cafe
- No Mess Glitter Composition Book from How Was Your Day
- Personalized Pencil And Art Supplies Cup from Our Family World
- Mango Overnight Oatmeal by Upstate Ramblings
- 7 School Lunches to Pack Beyond the Sandwich from MommaDJane
- Out of the Blue College Gift Basket from
- Fabulous Back To School DIY Notebook Covers from My Kid’s Guide
- Monogrammed Trinket Dish from Style on Main
- American Girl Accessories Notebooks from This Mama Loves
Latest posts by Mom Does It All (see all)
- Why Are Fitness Trends So Popular? - September 18, 2017
- How To Teach Your Dog To Come To You. - September 13, 2017
- Why Homemade Baby Food Is Healthier Than Store-Bought. - September 11, 2017