Fall is just around the corner. Which means fall colors, fall recipes and pumpkins. Pumpkins everywhere! While I was searching the internet looking for fun recipes and crafts for inspiration, I came across a lot of wooden pumpkin crafts. Well, every month, me and a few bloggy friends participate in a fun Creative Hop. This month, the them is ‘apples’. So I thought, if people are making wooden pumpkins (which I will be making next month!), why not try some DIY Wooden Apples. The fun thing about these Wooden Apples… is that you can customize them any way that you want! I made my very simple and basic… but you could do so many different things to make them fun and the way you want them. Here is how I made my DIY Wooden Apples!
First thing you need to do is decide what kind of wood you want to use. You can use anything you want! I chose to use pieces of a 4 X 4 wooden post. You could also use 2 x 4’s. You could even use logs. Then I cut my posts. Well, actually my husband did. If I would have cut the posts, I may be missing some finger today. I had him cut each one a different size. The short one is 6 inches tall. The middle one is 9 inches tall and the tallest one is 12 inches in height.
After the wood was cut, I did not sand the wood or do anything to it, really. I wanted all the cracks and blemishes to stay. I thought it would give it more of a rustic look, which is what I wanted. If you a more polised look, you could definitely sand them or stain them. Then I painted them with red spray paint. You can use any kind of paint for wood that you like. I am going for EASY DIY Wooden Apples, so I chose spray paint. Make sure you do it outside! I used two coats of paint and I think it turned out okay. You may want to try for 3 coats.
Next, was the stem and the leaves. I just used some old tie wire and twisted it up to look like a stem. I then drilled a small hole in the top of each ‘apple’. I got some fake leaves from the craft store and I placed them on top and then shoved the tie wire through them and into the hole that I had drilled. And that is it. That is all it takes to make these easy DIY Wooden Apples! Easy peasy.
But you can embellish these apples in so many ways. You can add faces to them! You could add a quote or a saying and paint that on! The possibilities are endless when you do-it-yourself!
Do you know someone that would enjoy this apple craft?!?!
For more fun Fall projects and recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Paleo Apple Butter Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Skillet Apple Pie Roll Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- Caramel Apple French Toast Strata from My So Called Balanced Life
- Fall Chopped Salad from 2boys+1girl=OneCrazyMom
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Parfaits from
- Homemade Apple Cider from This Mama Loves
- Skillet Apple Crisp from Better in Bulk
- DIY Apple Earrings from Cait’s Beauty
- Crazy Easy Salted Caramel Apple Dip Recipe from Pretty Opinionated
- DIY Apple Stamps from Mom on the Side
- Chocolate Dipped Spiced Caramel Apples from How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Crepes with Apple Butter from Our Family World
- Apple Monkey Bread Muffins from Upstate Ramblings
- How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar from MommaDJane
- DIY Glittered Sneakers from Style on Main
- Apples and Avocados from The Guavalicious Life
- Apple Pie Ice Cream from Home and Garden Cafe
- Morning Glory Muffins from Day by Day in Our World
Latest posts by Mom Does It All (see all)
- 3 Ways to Get the Most Out of a Family Vacation Fund. - March 23, 2017
- Fraction Simplification Game for Kids. - March 6, 2017
- UnitedHealthcare : Teaching you the ins and outs of health insurance. - February 8, 2017