Every month, a few bloggers and myself get together and do a fun Pinterest Remake Hop. We all choose a fun recipe or craft that we found on Pinterest, and we remake it. Usually, the owner of the blog (Mistee Dawn) would be posting. But, I am a new contributor to this blog and this is my first time posting. My name is James and I hope you enjoy this recipe! Since we are right in the thick of fall and there are so many pumpkin recipes floating around, I thought I would make a pumpkin recipe that I have never tried before. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. I found this awesome recipe on Pinterest and I did change it up just a little bit. The muffins came out so great and they are extremely delicious! You have to try this recipe!
First you will need to gather your ingredients. For the muffin batter, you will need flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, eggs, sugar, a can of pumpkin and vegetable oil. And for the cream cheese filling – you will need cream cheese and powdered sugar. I like to start with the cream cheese filling, because once you make it, you will put it in the freezer for a couple of hours. So you want to do this part ahead of time. All you have to do is beat 8 ounces of softened cream cheese with 1 cup of powdered sugar. Then you want to transfer all of it to a piece of plastic wrap. Next, you will shape this into a log about an inch and a half thick. Then just wrap it tightly and stick it in the freezer for a few hours.
Now, for the muffin batter. You should grab two bowls. In the first bowl – you will add all the dry ingredients (except for the sugar) and mix them around with a whisk. In the second bowl, you will add the eggs, the can of pumpkin (15 ounces), the sugar and the vegetable oil and mix with a hand mixer until blended. Then slowly add the dry ingredients until incorporated.
Now, you will add all of your muffin wrappers to their spot in the muffin pan. Take your log of cream cheese filling out of the freezer and cut it into 24 equal pieces. Fill each muffin wrapper about a third of the way full. Then add a piece of the cream cheese filling log to each one, then fill them the rest of the way up with the batter. DO not fill them too far! Just about 3/4 of the way. Make sure you preheat the oven at 350 degrees. And cook these muffins for about 25 minutes. That is it! You are done! And now you have 24 yummy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins!
- For the muffins:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) of pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil
- For the cream cheese filling
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- For the filling:
- Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a hand mixer until smooth. Transfer it to a piece pf plastic wrap. Roll it into a log shape about an inch and a half thick. Wrap it tightly and freeze for 2 hours.
- For the muffin batter;
- In one bowl, add all of the dry ingredients except for the sugar, and whisk together.
- In a second bowl, mix the sugar, pumpkin, vegetable oil and eggs with a hand mixer. Add the dry ingredients and just mix until incorporated.
- To assemble:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take cream cheese mixture out of freezer and cut into 24 equal pieces.
- Fill muffin papers 1/3 of the way full with batter. Add a piece of the cream cheese log to each one.
- Continue filling the rest of the way up with batter. Do not fill all the way. Just about 3/4 of the way.
- Cook at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Let cool on wore rack for 10 minutes.
What is your favorite Pumpkin dessert? Share it with me in the comments!!!
For more Pinterest Remakes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Fall centerpiece in less than 5 minutes by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Garden fresh, creamy tomato basil soup by Oh So Savvy Mom
- Candy corn wreath by Upstate Ramblings
- Spaghetti squash pizza boats by Homemaking Hacks
- Apple pecan stuffing recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Pumpkin scones by Jennifer Sikora
- Pumpkin seed granola by Better in Bulk
- French onion soup by OurFamilyWorld
- Mummy Halloween pumpkin centerpiece by Simply Southern Mom
- Coffee rub burgers by
- Rustic twig star wreath by Sweet Lil You
- Buffalo chicken deviled eggs by Home and Garden Cafe
- Pumpkin marshmallow M&M blondies by Sincerely, Mindy
- Honey lavender cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- Mini chocolate apple pops by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Spaghetti and meatball muffins by Mom Always Finds Out