Disclosure : This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
Halloween is my favorite holiday! It is my daughter’s second favorite (behind any holiday that she receives gifts, lol!), so you can imagine how much fun we have all month long in October. These last two weeks, we have made several Halloween crafts, visited a pumpkin patch, decorated our house with spooky items and made some fabulous Halloween goodies using OREO cookies and Fanta Orange soda. We’ve been having so much fun and we have so much more fun planned for the next 2 weeks! Like trick-or-treating and a fun Halloween party. Which is why we made these fun Spooky Snacks – for our Halloween party! And now I would love to tell you how to make them, too!
First, we made a fun Jack-O-Lantern Cake using the Fanta Orange soda and the OREO cookies. The OREO cookies came in this fun packaging that actually glows in the dark! So we had a lot of fun with that, too! Then we made the fun Jack-O-Lantern Cake. Here’s what you need to make it AND the instructions on how to make it…
- Any regular boxed cake mix ( I used white)
- 1 cup of Fanta Orange soda
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 or 4 OREOS
- orange icing
- black icing (optional)
- Make the cake according to the directions on the back for two 8 inch round cakes. You only need one box to make both the cakes. Just mix the cake batter, but instead of using the water called for in the instructions, use the one cup of Fanta Orange soda, instead. This is also where you will use the eggs and the vegetable oil as per the directions on the back of the cake mix box. Just divide the batter evenly between two round cake pans and bake as instructed.
- Make sure you grease both cake pans generously so that the cake comes out of the pan cleanly. Once the cakes have cooled, place one of them on a cake dish and cut the top off evenly. Add some orange icing to the top, then place the second cake on top of that one. You can also cut the top off of the second cake or leave it as is. Then ice the entire cake in orange icing. Then, if you would like, pipe some black icing around the bottom of the cake.
- Take a couple of OREO cookies and gently cut them into the shapes you would like for your Jack-O-Lantern’s eyes, nose and mouth and place them on the cake. And that is it! You are done! And you have a yummy, and fun Jack-O-Lantern cake!
This cake was so much fun to make! The kids will really want to help you with this one!
OREO COOKIE MUMMIES
And then, you can move on to the next fun treat! OREO cookie mummies! These are cute and delicious and the kids will have all kinds of fun making these!
- 10 OREO cookies
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- candy eyeballs
- Place your cookies on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave at intervals of 15 seconds until fully melted.
- Using a spoon, gently drizzle the melted white chocolate chips all over your OREO Cookies.
- Quickly add two candy eyeballs to each cookie so that they will ‘stick’ to the melted chocolate!
- That is it! Now, you have two fun and yummy Halloween treats made! Onto the third!
FANTA ‘GOOD’ WITCHES BREW
Don’t stop reading yet! I still have another fun treat for you! This one only requires 3 ingredients and it is delicious and fun for the kids, as well! I made some “Good” Witches Brew using Fanta Orange soda for the kids for their Halloween party! And here is how you do it!
- 1 cup of Fanta Orange Soda
- 1/2 cup of Fruit Punch
- Whipped Topping (optional)
- Fill the cups with 1 cup of the Fanta Orange soda and add the 1/2 cup of Fruit Punch. Or you can add something else if you would like! Or just use the Fanta Orange Soda!
- Top with whipped topping and add a fun straw! That is it! Easy peasy!
There you have it, 3 fun and yummy recipes all made using OREOS and Fanta Orange Soda! Want even more fun recipes using these 2 ingredients, then you should definitely take a look at these Walmart exclusive recipes from Evette Rios, host of the CBS show Recipe Rehab! Walmart is where I purchased all of the ingredients for these recipes. And I will show you exactly where to find them. The OREOS with the fun glow-in-the-dark packaging are in the cookie aisle, but you might also find them in a fun, end cap display – like I did. And I found the Fanta in the beverages aisle, at Walmart!
So now that you have seen my fun creations and the other exclusive recipes from Walmart using OREO cookies and Fanta Orange soda, which one is your favorite? Share it with me in the comments!!