As you know, a group of bloggers and I get together once a month for the #CreativeHop. We each do a recipe, craft or DIY project! This month’s theme is Halloween. And I am a new contributor to this blog! Hi, I am Jean! And this is my first post, I hope you enjoy it! So for today, I have made a couple of easy and fun treats that you can make for your Halloween celebrations, if you celebrate the holiday. These are yummy, easy to make treats that even the kids can do! So it is a lot of fun for the whole family and they are fun to eat to! These Witch Hats and Witch Brooms require very few ingredients! All you need are some Hershey kisses, any kind of dark colored cookies, some mini Reese cups, some pretzel sticks and some orange icing. You could also use purple icing if you prefer! And here is how you put together these fun Halloween treats – Witch Hats and Brooms!
Let’s start with the Witch Hats. All you have to do is put a Hershey kiss on top of you cookie! That is it. I like to add some purple or orange icing around the hat to make it look even more festive. You can also add some icing to the bottom of the Hershey kiss to make sure that it stays in place. And that is it! So easy! And now you can move on the the Witch Brooms!
For the Witch Brooms, all you have to do is unwrap a mini Reese cup (you should let these sit in the fridge for awhile, or they might want to stick to the wrappers) and turn it upside down. Then you stick a pretzel stick into the top of it! That is it! So easy! And just like with the Witch Hats, I like to put some icing around the top, just to make it a bit more festive. I always use orange or purple for the best Halloween look!
How easy are these!!?!? And how cute?!!? My daughter loves making these! And she loves eating them, too! These could be fun to take to a school Halloween Party or to you family Halloween get-together. Because, not only do the kids love these, the adults do too!
So, if you are planning a Halloween party, or going to one yourself, these would be great treats to make. They are also fast, easy and yummy treats to make with the kids, just because!
- 12 Hershey Kisses
- 12 cookies (any dark colored cookie will work)
- 12 mini Reese cups
- 12 pretzel sticks
- Orange or Purple Icing (optional)
- FOR THE HATS
- Place a Hershey kiss in the middle of your cookies.
- Use icing to make a circle around the kiss. SO easy!
- FOR THE BROOMS
- Turn the Reese Cups over and stick a pretzel stick in it.
- Use icing to make a circle around the stick. (Optional) SO easy!
Do you have an easy Halloween treat that you make every year?!? Share them with me in the comments!!!
For more Halloween ideas, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Ghost Skillet Pizza by A Mom’s Take
- Simple Halloween Chow in an Edible Bowl by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- DIY Halloween Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- JELL-O Candy Corn Cups by This Mama Loves
- Halloween Candied Popcorn by Better in Bulk
- Trick or Treat DIY Bath Salts by Pretty Opinionated
- Poison Apple Halloween Drink for Kids by Ourfamilyworld
- Halloween Fudge by Upstate Ramblings
- Dollar Store DIY: Halloween Vase by MommaDJane
- Scary Halloween Bones by Jennifer Sikora
- Haunted Castle Cake by Kid’s Fun Review
- Halloween Ghost Poop Treat Bags by My So Called Balanced Life
- Witches Brew Drink Mug by How Was Your Day?
- Distressed Sugar Skull Tee by Style on Main
- Super Easy Mock Pay Day Bar Mix by Day by Day in Our World
- Halloween Candy Apples by Savvy Saving Couple
- Gluten Free Spooky Ghost Cake by
- Simple DIY Halloween Treat Basket by Sweet Lil You