I just love fall! Don’t you? I love everything about it. I love all the colors when the leaves start changing. I love the cooler temperatures. I love the smells of fall. All of the fun fall recipes and crafts. Also, my birthday just happens to be in the fall. And my favorite holiday, as well, Halloween! I love perusing Pinterest to find all kinds of great fall and Halloween treats and recipes and crafts. This month, I found such a great one! DIY Wooden Pumkpins! The great thing about this fun craft, is that you do not have to make it one certain way… you can create it however you would like. You can make faces on the pumpkins or you can make them with no faces. You can use a hundred different things for the ‘stems’. I am about to show you how I made mine!
First of all, you will need to gather all of the materials that you need. You will need 3 pieces of a 4 x 4 wooden post. I made my husband cut them into three different pieces, each one a bit bigger than the other. One of them is 6 inches tall, the net one is 9 inches tall and the last one is 12 inches tall. Then you will need some orange paint. You can use any paint that you would like as long as it works well on wood. I used some basic Orange spray paint. You will also need something for the ‘stem’s. You can use small wooden blocks and paint them green, which is what I did. Or you can use real stems from pumpkins. You could even go out in the yard and find some sticks and cut them into pieces and use sticks for stems. The possibilities are endless. And them just glue the stems on.
You will also need a black permanent marker or black paint if you decide to paint faces on these pumpkins. I used a black permanent marker. I drew the faces by hand with my daughter. It’s fun to get the kids involved with these fall crafts. And this one will be one that the kids really love. You can also use stencils for the faces or add no faces at all. And that is all! Just find the wood pieces and cut them, if need be, and paint them orange. Then figure out how you want to make your stems and paint them green and decide if you want to make faces on them or not. And that is all there is to these fun DIY Wooden Pumpkins!
3 pieces of wood – I used a 4 x 4 post cut into three pieces. A 6 inch piece, a 9 inch and a 12 inch.
3 small block of wood for the stems, maybe an inch and a half tall
black permanent marker
- First, you need to get the pieces of wood that you will use. I used an old 4 x 4 post and had my husband cut three pieces. A 6 inch piece, a 9 inch piece and a 12 inch piece.
- Spray paint the pieces with Orange spray paint. Let them dry overnight.
- Find what you would like to use as stems for the pumpkins. I used small wooden blocks from my daughter’s toy collection that she no longer plays with and I painted them green. You could also use real pumpkin stems or even sticks.
- Decide if you would like to have faces on your pumpkins. I drew my faces by hand with a black permanent marker. You could also use black paint and even stencils of pumpkin faces, or just have no faces on them at all.
- Glue your ‘stems’ on. Make sure you use glue that works well with wood or whatever material you chose for the stems.
- Then just set them up wherever you think they will look good. I put mine on my front porch. And that is all! You are done!
I hope you enjoy these fun DIY Wooden Pumpkins. I had so much fun making them with my daughter. They are such a fun fall/Halloween craft! I am so glad I found this inspiration on Pinterest!
Do you have a fun Halloween/Fall craft that you are proud of? Share it with me in the comments!!!
For more fun Pinterest Remakes, here are a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Halloween Bloody Eyeballs by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Hand Soap by Homemaking Hacks
- Sausage, Potatoes & Eggs Breakfast Skillet Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs by Jennifer Sikora
- High Fiber Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites Recipe by Sweep Tight
- Chewy Cinnamon Raisin Granola Bars by Better in Bulk
- Chocolate Toffee Macaroons by How Was Your Day?
- Browned Butter Sugar Cookies by Upstate Ramblings
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Applesauce Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Repurpose Project: Men’s Sweater into a Boy’s Sweater by Our Homemade Life
- Cookie Hacks by The Guavalicious Life
Latest posts by Mom Does It All (see all)
- TYLT’s Block Party Bluetooth Speaker Is Perfect For The Music Lover On Your List. - November 9, 2017
- MONISTAT® can help with vaginal health. - November 7, 2017
- Creating Pet-Friendly Holiday Fun — DIY-Style. - November 4, 2017